I made these muffins last week, and I pretty much rocked them. I made a couple variations to the recipe, here’s what I did:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup Original Flavored Malt-O-Meal® hot wheat cereal, dry 1/3 cup sugar 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1 egg 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- Stir together until ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan, filling cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Tips (I don’t want to make the recipe seem complicated, but there are some easy ways to make these better):
- I use a dark muffin pan and reduced the oven to 375°F.
- I have trouble with these sticking to papers, so I oil spray the pan and skip the papers.
- Get an awesome scoop to make filling muffin tins super fast. Its smaller cousin is my go-to for cookies.
- Beat the egg pretty well before adding or there can be egg streaks through these muffins that decrease the tastiness.